Racing Rivals Triathlon
The Fifth Annual Racing Rivals Triathlon will take place at Clearwater Lake in Owens Cross Roads, AL on July 20, 2019! Last year’s event was a huge success. in raising scholarship money, which was used to provide scholarships to local students to attend Auburn University, Mississippi State University, and The University of Alabama.
Once again, this exciting event will prove which University’s fans can speed through a sprint distance triathlon the fastest and earn bragging rights for the rest of the year! The race is being hosted by the local area alumni chapters of Auburn University, Mississippi State University and The University of Alabama. The Racing Rivals Triathlon is open to everyone, and proceeds raised will benefit the school based on the affiliation selected by each race participant during registration. Participants may select “other” and their proceeds will be split equally among the three schools.
Registration Link: Racing Rivals Triathlon 2019
Not Racing! Then why not volunteer? Click here to volunteer.
Race Course Details
The race will originate from the beach of Clearwater Lake,which is a beautiful private lake nestled in the valley just east of Green Mountain. Swimmers will swim around the island and back to the shore exiting at the boat ramp. This very clear water and relatively shallow depths allow for excellent conditions for the swim leg.
The bike leg will exit the marina area and turn right onto Terry Drake Road. Riders will then follow Old Big Cove Road to Old Hwy 431 until Tara Manufacturing Plant where the turn around is located. Return to Clearwater Lake by following the same route back.
The run is out and back in which runners will turn left out of transition onto Terry Drake Road. After turning right on Taylor Road, runners will past Goldsmith-Schiffman Elementary and turn around at the church.
2018 Results :
- WHERE DO I REGISTER?
- Visit IMAthlete.com to register
- ARE MINORS ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE?
YES! Minors 15 and over can participate
- HOW DOES A RELAY TEAM WORK? Relay teams can be all male, all female or mixed.
- Here are a few guidelines
- -Swim team member must tag the cyclist team member. The cyclist’s bike must be racked in the transition area and the athlete shall leave his or her bike shoes and helmet with the racked bike until after the swim / bike exchange is made.
- – Cyclist team member must tag runner team member. The cyclist must rack bike and remove helmet and bike shoes before tagging runner.
- -Individual triathletes can be a swimmer on a relay team but must start the race in the relay wave and not in their age group wave. Once the swim / bike exchange has been made, the individual may continue the race with his or her individual race number.
- WHERE DOES RACING RIVALS TAKE PLACE?
- Racing Rivals is hosted by Clear Water Ski Association off of Terry Drake Road in Owens Crossroads, AL. It offers a pristine swim around the island, scenic bike ride and an out and back run down Taylor Road.
- WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
- Unfortunately we do not offer refunds.
- WHAT CATEGORIES ARE OFFERED?
- Male, Female, Clydesdale, and Athena
- WILL THERE BE ANY COURSE PREVIEWS?
- We may offer course previews close to the race date if there is enough interest. Check out our Facebook page for information.
- IS THE SWIM A MASS START?
- The swim will be a wave start. The waves will be announced when you pick up your race packet.
- WHERE IS PACKET PICKUP?
- Packet pickup will be at Bicycle Cove at 5575 Highway 431 S Suite 102 Brownsboro, AL 35741 OR at the race site on the morning of the race.
- DO YOU NEED TO BE A USAT MEMBER?
- Yes, this is a USAT sanctioned race. You can purchase a one day membership at registration if you are not a member.